Fresh Pesto with Basil and Mint
- Large bunch fresh basil
- Handful pine nuts or almonds
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- A few mint leaves
- Wash and pick off the basil leaves. Roughly chop.
- Grate a handful of Parmesan cheese.
- Make the pesto by combining in either a food processor or a mortar and pestal, a large handful of basil, a handful of pine nuts or almonds, the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 clove garlic, 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (depending on how moist the pesto gets), grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and a few mint leaves (optional). Mix everything together until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Enjoy on pasta, bread, or in sauces!